Like everybody else around the world I am deeply affected by the Corvid-19 virus. Rather than watch Netflix all day (we do a lot of that too!) I am trying to get informed with online information. Here is what I have found so far:
- Pretoria University Data Science division is possibly the best source of up-to-date info on the spread of the disease. Check out their dashboard here: https://bitly.com/covid19za-dash
- Using the data provided by the researchers above I have created an Android App to track the spread of the virus, which updates using their open data sources. The preliminary app is available here: http://circusscientist.com/CoronavirusSA.apk
- Somebody else made an South African online map based on the same data here: https://coronamap.co.za/
- There is more information at the official National Institute for Disease Control website here: http://www.nicd.ac.za/media/alerts/
- Credit to the researchers at Pretoria University who compile the data used in my app: https://zenodo.org/record/3724083
- Official South African Government information site: http://www.sacoronavirus.co.za/
- The most comprehensive world wide data map I have found (international): https://app.developer.here.com/coronavirus/
- These guys made a developer resource with an API for corvid-19 tracking data here: https://thevirustracker.com/api – I am looking at using this API for a world map to track the spread in my own way (Using Processing of course)
Finally I would like to mention that the biggest problem, apart from infection that is, is how we are going to be making ends meet during the lockdown? I wrote a blog post about some of my ideas, what are you doing to cope?
You can contact me on tomjuggler at gmail dot com or twitter @tomjugglertom
Everybody please stay safe, and above all, keep calm, stay home and wash your hands.